When the days get longer and kids' activities heat up, it can be challenging to keep on the go snacks nutritious and fun. Why not kick up the flavor and fun factor with some delightful, new twists on snack ideas?
One mom who is no stranger to keeping hungry kids happy and well-fed is Leslie Green, author of the food blog, The Hungry Housewife.
"Snacks should be easy to grab and go so you are prepared no matter where your day takes you," Green said. "A trick of mine is to stock my fridge, and sometimes the car, full of snacks the whole family will love."
She makes snack time fun and nourishing with these great ideas.
- Hit the Trail. Create your own trail mix made with your family's favorite mix-ins. Include a mixture of nuts, dried fruit and a few chocolate chips for something that's delicious and nutritious. Trail mix recipes get everyone out the door, fueled up and ready to go.
- Pack Cool Snacks. Bring a cooler with water and fresh snacks so the kids have nutritious options. In the cooler, make sure to include Müller FrütUp, a cool, creamy, lowfat yogurt that is topped with a light and airy layer of fruit mousse. It is available in fun flavors like Luscious Lemon, Splendid Strawberry and more. Plus, the yogurt is thick and creamy, so if one of the kids drops or spills the cup of yogurt it won't spill out or make a mess.
- Friendly Fries. Bypass the drive-through on your road trips and replace some healthier options with carrot and celery sticks and small containers of dips like hummus or peanut butter. Much more nutritious than fast food French fries and ketchup.
- Make it Crunchy. Now that warmer weather is upon us, take a trip with the kids to the farmers market to celebrate the arrival of fresh vegetables. For a crunchy snack, pick up sweet potatoes, kale and beets, then slice and bake for homemade veggie chips - they'll have nutrition packed into each crunchy bite.
- Ready, Set, Go. Another quick and convenient alternative with 8 grams of whole grains are Quaker Chewy Granola Bars. Now that's a no-fuss alternative that you can store in your purse.
Like Müller yogurt on Facebook to find out where you can get this new yogurt at a store near you.
Muller Quaker Dairy